Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Kickin' it with Talley

The Talleys aboard their Piaggio X9


He's the man behind the scenes quietly toiling away at Kick's layout; the Tonto to my Lone Ranger. Together, Steve Talley and I make up Team Kickstart. Steve is a pretty unassuming man and I felt it was high time I cast the spotlight on my friend.

So, Mr. Talley, I am going to ask you some questions and you can answer accordingly.

Karen: Do you have any aliases?
Steve: My wife has several for me, but I'm not publishing them.
Karen: Fare enough, Talley Man.

K: What turns you on?
S: Scooters, curling, bocce, history

K: Any turn offs?
S: Vehicles with studded tires; drivers who don't use turn signals

K: What was your first scooter?
S: Piaggio X9

K: Tell me a little known fact about yourself.
S: I rode submarines in the navy.
K: Well, anchors away! I never knew that. Here's another little know Talley tidbit: He's a semi-retired technical writer and was published in the New York Times!

K: OK, finish these sentences (When I'm on my scooter... Kickstart is... Curling and bocce are... Karen G is.... If I had a monkey...)
S: When I'm on my scooter, I'm enjoying the trip.
Kickstart is fun to work on.
Curling and bocce are non-contact sports where men and women of all ages compete equally.
Karen G is the generative force behind Kickstart.
If I had a monkey, I'd trade it for a bullmastiff.


Well, there you have it. Steve is quite the renaissance man and Kickstart wouldn't be half as fun without him!

If you'd like to find out more about curling and bocce in Portland,
click here:
Curling
Bocce

No comments: