Friday, January 11, 2008

Clickety Clack



Isn't this 1956 Life Magazine Royal typewriter ad too cool? This is from the scooter ad collection of Susan Goodwin. She really has quite an impressive array of vintage ads and was kind enough to let me peruse them. Susan was also responsible for putting out the kick-ass Portland scooter zine, P-town Uncensored from 1999 - 2002.

It may seem like I have been hibernating a lot lately, but I've actually been really, really busy. For the past six weeks, I've been participating in a writing workshop and have been behind the keyboard for most of my free time. So far, the workshop has been a positive experience and filled with lots of great feedback and conversations. This time around the group is a mix of Chuck Palahniuk and Ariel Gore influenced writers, so needless to say, there has been a wide variety of subject matter covered and well written, I might add. I've written more than I thought I would over the holidays and almost hate to see the class end, but it will be nice to get to bed at a decent hour.

Now don't think I've forgotten about Kickstart. In between workshop assignments, I've also been researching and cultivating material for our # 8 issue. It'll be hard to top our last issue, but I'm working on some fun leads and think you'll dig it.

No comments: