Sunday, September 30, 2007

Kickstart goes to Stumptown Comics fest!


I'd never been to a comic fest before, so I didn't know what to expect. Would there be masked avengers or caped cusaders walking the halls of the Doubletree? No such luck. The most memorable sight, by far, was a man walking around with a boom box, wearing a spinner mask. His tire rim mask actually spun around as he walked by.

There were so many great artists in attendance and I was inspired by each and every one of them. Too bad I can't draw. While I was there, some of the inkers were kind enough to do some quick scooter sketches for me. As soon as I get around to scanning them, I'll be sure to post a few each entry.

The above sketch was drawn by Patrick Devine
He and the other half of Steampunk Squid, Paul Rogers can be found at:
www.steampunksquid.com

No comments: